Hello Waldorf Families
I'm Heidi Harting of Heidi Harting Photography.
For those of you who don't know me, I have had the pleasure of photographing Waldorf students for the past 11 years. I have always approached school portraits the same way I do my private commission family/child portraits. My goal is to deliver a beautiful portrait of your child that you will treasure not just this school year, but always.
GET READY FOR PORTRAIT DAY!
Portraits are taken outside with autumn colors creating a beautiful background.
The most important thing is to send your child off to school with a smile, we will take care of the rest!
What to Wear
- There are no right or wrong colors, wear what looks best but please avoid slogans and large logos.
- The day may be chilly so be sure and include a sweater that will compliment the outfit.
- Several poses are done for each child; a headshot and a 3/4 shot so be sure and complete the outfit. See samples in this blog post.
- Please send your child to school with their hair styled as you/they like it.
- We don't change or redo hairstyles but we will tame flyaway hair with a fresh comb if needed.
- We can reduce glare but transition lenses (light to dark) will look like dark sunglasses. Please send an alternative option or consider no glasses.
Sibling Portrait Details & Tips
We are happy to offer sibling portraits. This is the perfect time to update your children's smiling faces together and get images for your holiday card.
TEACHER & FACULTY PORTRAITS
Teachers will be photographed with their class and this photo will be used for the class photo & website.
Faculty will be photographed throughout the day and this will also be used for the website.
IMAGE GALLERY DETAILS
The website for purchasing your child's portrait will be ready approximately ten days after everyone has been photographed. WSCC will notify you by email when the website is ready to view and purchase your child's portrait.
Click here for portrait package and a la carte pricing.
What if it rains on my child's scheduled Portrait Day?
You will be notified by the school as early as possible if the weather is not suitable for Portrait Day and given the new date.
What if my child is absent?
Don't worry! Every child will be photographed.
Do you offer make-up days?
I do my very best to capture your child's personality and typically do that in one if not all the poses. You will have several images of your child to select from. If that expectation has not been met, then of course I will rephotograph your child. My goal is to deliver a beautiful portrait that you will treasure forever.
What happens next?
You will be notified by WSCC when the password protected image gallery for purchasing portrait packages, a la carte prints and gift items is ready.
Orders will be shipped directly to you from our lab. You will have two options to select from.
$7.99 (*9-14 days)
$9.99 (*2-3 days)
*Please note: These are shipping times and do not account for the retouching & processing time (which can take up to a week).
Do you have a question?
Please reach out to me if you have a question that I have not answered. Email is always quickest: email@example.com