Hello JEM families
I'm Heidi of Heidi Harting Photography.
I am so excited to be back at JEM Learning for their second year, creating portraits of your children at the barn. These won't be traditional school pictures because JEM is no ordinary school. The portraits will capture the magic and spirit of the farm, students and animals. I have always approached school portraits the same way I do my private commission family/child portraits. My goal is to deliver a beautiful portrait of your child that you will treasure not just this school year, but always. If you have any questions not answered here, you may reach out to me directly (email will be quickest) @email@example.com
Kids + Animals = Something Super Special
Each child will be photographed with his/or her favorite barnyard friend in a safe and supervised way for both the student and animal.
Thursday, October 26th
The most important thing is to send your child off to school with a smile, we will take care of the rest!
What to Wear
- Consider the spirit of the farm and how you want remember this time in your child's life.
- There are not right or wrong colors. Let your child's personality shine but please avoid slogans and large logos.
- The day may be chilly so be sure and include a sweater/jean jacket, etc... that will compliment the outfit.
- Please send your child to school with their hair styled as you/they like it.
- We do not restyle hair but with a fresh comb will do our best to take care of fly-aways.
- We can reduce glare but transition lenses (light to dark) will look like dark sunglasses. Please send an alternative option or consider no glasses.
Siblings who attend the school* will be photographed on portrait day. Consider outfits that compliment each other.
- Please note: due to time constraints, only siblings enrolled in the school will be photographed.
Image Gallery Details
The website for purchasing your child's portrait will be ready approximately 2 weeks after we have finished photographing everyone. JEM will notify you by email.
What if it rains on Portrait Day?
You will be notified by the school as early as possible if the weather is not suitable for Portrait Day and given the new date.
What if my child has blemishes?
All images are lightly retouched at no additional charge when necessary so that you will receive a portrait that you will cherish forever.
What if my child is absent?
Don't worry! Every child will be photographed.
Do you offer make-up days?
I do my very best to capture your child's personality and typically do that in one if not all the poses. You will have several images of your child to select from. If that expectation has not been met, then of course I will rephotograph your child. My goal is to deliver a beautiful portrait that you will treasure forever.
What happens next?
You will be notified by JEM when the password protected image gallery for purchasing portrait packages, a la carte prints and gift items is ready.
Orders will be shipped directly to you from our lab. You will have two options to select from.
$7.99 (*9-14 days)
$9.99 (*2-3 days)
*Please note: These are shipping times and do not account for the retouching & processing time (which can take up to a week).
FRIENDLY REMINDER: There is an additional $1.75 holiday shipping surcharge from November 25th - December 31st added by the lab to ensure you receive your order in time for the holidays.
* Please note: These are shipping times and do not account for the retouching & processing time (which can take up to a week).
Do you have a question?
Please reach out to me if you have a question that I have not answered. Email is always quickest: firstname.lastname@example.org